Language Direct Unlimited Limited
Interpreting & Translation in over 189 languages
Registered in England and Wales No. 08331393
90 Matlock Road London E10 6DJ England
Visit us on: www.LanguageDirect.org
Tel: 020 8539 5142
Fax: 020 3298 8621
Language Direct is looking for interpreters who are native speakers of one or more languages to work on various projects on a freelance basis in various areas in and around the Richmond area. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1) Have the right to work in this country.
2) Have academic or other relevant background.
3) Have a mobile, sympathetic personality.
4) Be able to work/communicate at all levels, in non-academic situations.
5) Have no political, cultural or ethical bias.
6) Be able to meet deadlines.
7) Must have successfully completed at least one of the following professional qualifications:
- Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI)
- Foundation Degree in Public Sector Interpreting (PSI)
- Certificate in Community Interpreting (CCI)
- Essential Skills & Knowledge in Community Interpreting (Levels 2 & 3)
- ESOL Community Interpreting
- Mary Ward Certificate in Community Interpreting
- Chartered Institute of Linguists Certificate in Bilingual Skills (CBS)
- Other interpreting qualification at degree level or NVQ Level 4
All interpreters must have a clear CRB/DBS. This is mandatory. We can provide help to candidates who need help with their application for a CRB / DBS.
Language Direct believes in Equal Opportunities for all and expects all candidates to comply and respect this policy.[contact-form-7 id=”1759″ title=”Job Application Form”]