ISL create training and assessment solutions for many different types of environment including classroom, one to one and distance learning. However, most of our content is online. Why? we believe that online learning gives more of our audience the opportunity to benefit from the courses that we provide, plus an online course allows learners to:
- Be flexible – Study at a time and in a place that suits you. Online learning also gives you the option to do a bit at a time, and restart exactly where you left off.
- Dictate the pace –Proceed through the course at your own speed, and revisit sections of our courses as many times as you like until you are happy with the lessons within.
- Make mistakes – We all learn from mistakes, and our online courses give you the freedom to make mistakes in private, to enhance your learning.
- Access a consistent message – E-learning has the same messages for all participants, every single time, so you know you are getting the same information as everybody else.
- Make the course as long as you need to – You choose whether you merely go through the content as it is presented within the course, or spend time and use the wealth of links, activities and multimedia options to further your understanding through guided research.
This complete demo course is one which ISL created, with input from an internationally renowned children’s hospital, for interpreters working in medical situations where they may interpret for children. It discusses the challenges of interpreting for children and provides information and techniques to help interpreters adapt their techniques while still interpreting at the highest level. Why not complete it so that you can get a feel for what it is like to study online, and for the content of some of our courses. Once you have completed the course, have a look at our course catalogue to see what else you will find useful and complete an application for a Linguist Career Progression Plan and let our expert linguists guide you. Click the ‘Launch’ button below to launch the course.