Where does the course take place?
The safeguarding course is online so you can access it from wherever you have an internet connection and in your own time.
What is the cost?
The course is priced at £30, however, if you work with thebigword you can take it for the special offer price of £5 for a limited time.
How long does it take?
The length of time taken is 40 minutes.
Are there any requirements?
You will require is an internet connection and basic computer skills.
What will I learn?
You will learn how to recognise and respond to vulnerable children and adults who may have been abused. You will also learn how to look after your own wellbeing in particularly stressful situations that linguists are often exposed to.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define a vulnerable adult
- Explain the 7 different types of abuse. The signs, symptoms and effects.
- Identify your responsibilities as an interpreter towards the protection of young people.
- Identify your responsibilities as an interpreter towards the protection of vulnerable adults
- Explain how to report safeguarding concerns
- State the appropriate legislation which applies to the safeguarding of young people and vulnerable adults.
- Identify Best Practice and identify access further information on safeguarding.
- Identify strategies for managing difficult situations/disclosures relating to safeguarding.
“I found the course very informative and interesting. I also think that it provides with a thorough and useful compilation of the relevant legislation and explanations that will be of great value for my interpreting assignments.”
How will you assess me?
The safeguarding Vulnerable People course has a knowledge review at the end of the course to check what you have learned. You can revisit part or all of the course at any time once you have completed it.
What will I get?
Once you have completed the course you will be able to download a certificate of achievement.
How do I apply?
Reserve your place on the course by clicking on the ‘Get Started Now’ button above.