Who is it for?
Are you an interpreter working in public services? Do you want to increase your knowledge about working with specific public services, or do you want to start working for a specific public service but do not currently have the knowledge?
This accredited ‘Interpreting for the NHS’ course is designed for public services interpreters who want to work, or already work on the NHS assignments. It gives you the background knowledge and skills you will need to work effectively with the NHS. This course can also be studied as part of or as an add-on to the Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting.
What job is this course applicable to?
- Freelance face to face Interpreter
- Freelance Telephone (Over the Phone) Interpreter
Working with clients such as:
- National Health Service (NHS)
In this role, you could earn between £30 and £60 per hour
When can I start?
You can start the course today.
What is the cost?
The course is priced at £30.
How long does it take?
The average length of time taken is 10 hours.
Are there any requirements?
You will require an internet connection and basic computer skills.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the protocols of interpreting assignments in the NHS
- Be able to select and use appropriate sources to prepare for assignments in the NHS
- Compile a glossary in an appropriate format containing terminology specialist to the NHS
What support will I have?
- High quality course online course materials
- Optional one-to-one mentoring support via phone, email and online
- Affiliate Membership with ISL (when available)
- Access to regular webinars and workshops
- 24-hour access to our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Guidance and support from you assigned, qualified Assessor
How will you assess me?
The NHS course is vocational, meaning that you will be assessed by demonstrating your ability to do the job through various assignments. You can revisit part, or all, of the course at any time once you have completed it.
What will I get?
Once you have completed the course you will be able to download a Certificate of Achievement.
How many Credits is the course worth?
The course is worth 3 credits, which can be put toward an accredited qualification.
How do I apply?
You can access the course as soon as payment is received by PayPal. Click the link below to begin.