Who is it for?
If you are bilingual and wish to work for thebigword fulfilling paid interpreting assignments for Nottingham University Hospital, this course is an essential starting point.
This course is designed to teach you the basics about what is required to work as an interpreter as well as helping you to acquire vital knowledge on medical terminology you will need during your assignments.
This course can also be used as a foundation for the ISL Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting qualification.
What job is this course applicable to?
- Freelance face to face Interpreter
- Freelance Telephone (Over the Phone) Interpreter
- Nottingham University Hospital (NUH)
When can I start?
You can start the course today.
What is the cost?
The course is priced at £30.
How long does it take?
The average length of time taken is 10 hours.
Are there any requirements?
You will require an internet connection and basic computer skills.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the protocols of interpreting assignments in the NHS
- Be able to select and use appropriate sources to prepare for assignments in the NHS
- Compile a glossary in an appropriate format containing terminology specialist to the NHS
What support will I have?
- High quality course online course materials
- Optional one-to-one mentoring support via phone, email and online
- Affiliate Membership with ISL (when available)
- Access to regular webinars and workshops
- 24-hour access to our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
How will you assess me?
The course is vocational, meaning that you will be assessed by demonstrating your ability to do the job through various assignments. You can revisit part, or all, of the course at any time once you have completed it.
What will I get?
Once you have completed the course you will be able to download a Certificate of Achievement.
How do I apply?
You can access the course as soon as payment is received by PayPal. Click the link below to begin.