Online learning course that can be accessed from your own home
- 24-hour access to our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- You can complete the course within 6-9 months
- Work assessed and feedback provided by an assigned, qualified Assessor
- You will receive timely and thorough feedback to improve your work should you need to.
- On successful completion of the course, you will receive your nationally recognised qualification.
Duration of the qualification
- Learners will usually complete this course in 6-9 months
Method of Assessment
Assessment activities and written assignments will need to be completed to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the course content. Learners will also be expected to undertake general reading and research during this course.
Learners will submit completed written assignments to their appointed tutor for marking. A unique aspect of this qualification is the requirement to undertake two role plays in a simulated environment. The role play will appraise consecutive interpreting skills and sight translation skills (to and from English). Learners will need to have access to a computer/laptop, web cam and the internet.
Who is this course for
The Level 4 Certificate in Community Interpreting is suitable for learners with the following profile
- Interpreters already working in a community interpreter role
- Experienced interpreters who now require a formal qualification to work on public sector assignments
- Interpreters looking to advance their sight translations skills and widen their range of assignment opportunities
The Level 4 will enable you to work as a professional interpreter in community settings such as the following
- Mental Health
- Social Services
- Welfare & Benefits
- Ministry of Justice (standard assignments)
Upon successful completion you can progress to other qualifications such as
- Level 6 Diploma in Community Interpreting
- Level 6 DPSI
- Partial DPSI