- 24-hour access to our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) for online learning, accessible from your own home
- You can complete the course within 9-12 months
- Work assessed and feedback provided by an assigned, qualified Assessor and native language specialist
- The course is run in English, with practical assignments/role plays conducted in ONE chosen foreign language.
- On successful completion of the course, you will receive your nationally recognised diploma for your chosen language.
- L6 DCI qualification upon completion that enables registration with the National Register for Public Service Interpreters
- Nationally recognised qualification accepted by the Ministry of Justice
- Equivalent qualification to the DPSI
Duration of the qualification
- Learners will usually complete this course in 9-12 months
Method of assessment
Assessment activities and written assignments will need to be completed to demonstrate your level of knowledge and understanding. You will also be expected to undertake general reading and research for your work and cite references to obtain this qualification. Upon completion of your written assignments you will be required to email your work to you tutor for marking. You will also be required to undertake three to four role plays in a simulated environment, which will be conducted remotely. The role play will consist of consecutive and simultaneous interpreting, and sight translation and draft written translation. Therefore, you will need to have access to a computer/laptop, web cam and the internet.
Who is this course for?
Experienced Interpreters requiring a qualification to work in complex settings. It is suitable for learners with the following profile:
- Level 3 qualified interpreters wanting to gain knowledge of interpreting and legal settings
- Interpreters who have completed a Level 4 Certificate in Community Interpreting qualification
The Level 6 will enable you to work as a professional interpreter in community settings such as the following:
- Prison and Probation
- Ministry of Justice (Complex)
- Mental Health
- Social Services
- Welfare & Benefits
- Housing Solicitors
Upon successful completion you can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 7 Diploma in Translation
PLEASE NOTE THAT WHEN PURCHASING THIS COURSE ONLINE, YOU WILL BE CONTACTED WITHIN 24 HOURS (via eMail) WITH YOUR USERNAME AND LOG IN DETAILS.