- Online learning course that can be accessed from your own home
- 24-hour access to our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- You can complete the course within 2-4 weeks
- Assignments will be submitted to your tutor for assessment at the end of the course
- You will receive timely and thorough feedback on the written assignments
- On successful completion of the course, you will receive your nationally recognised qualification
Duration of the qualification:
- Learners will usually complete this course in 2-4 weeks
Method of Assessment
Assessment activities and written assignments will need to be completed to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the course content. Learners will be expected to undertake general reading and research. After the completion of written assignments, learners will email their work to the International School of Linguists. Assignments will then be sent to a tutor for marking.
Upon successful completion learners will be provided with a Level 1 Award in Understanding Community Interpreting certificate.
Who is this exam for?
The Level 1 Award provides a clear illustration of the basic skills and knowledge that is required to become an interpreter. In addition, some basic information about specialist areas that Level 1 qualified linguists can work within. It is suitable for learners with the following profile:
- People who want to start a career in interpreting
- Linguists who want to acquire essential interpreting skills and knowledge required to work as a professional community interpreter
The Level 1 will enable you to access limited interpreting work as a professional interpreter in community settings such as the following:
- Solicitors firms
- Ministry of Justice (standard assignments)
*Please note that some Language Service Providers accept the Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting as a minimum qualification.
Upon successfully passing the DPSI exam you can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting