To book your place on the workshop, you need only to pay the basic entry price. The cost will cover the attendance on the day and any materials, refreshments and a basic certificate of completion.
You will have the option to upgrade your certificate to Endorsed or Accredited Level 6 for an additional fee if you wish. The work you do at this workshop can be put toward the Level 6 Diploma in Community Interpreting qualification.
What jobs is this workshop suitable for?
- Face to Face interpreter
- Telephone Interpreter
In these roles, you could earn between £30 and £60 per hour (source: http://www.prospects.ac.uk).
Where is the workshop venue?
The workshop will be delivered in Farringdon, London.
When can I start?
Reserve your place by clicking the ‘Get Started Now’ button.
How long does it take?
Each day of the workshop lasts for 6 hours, not including scheduled breaks.
Are there any requirements?
There are no specific requirements to join the workshop, but please note the delivery will be in English and is designed for those who are studying to be, or working as, professional interpreters.
What will I learn?
The workshop covers:
- Introduction to finance markets
- Where will a public service interpreter working with finance work?
- Finance Interpreting in Court
- Problems for interpreters
- Financial interpreting – in a business setting
- Types of financial meetings
- How to become a financial interpreter
- Ongoing CPD (continuous prof. development)
- Gaining further insight into financial matters
- Introduction to accounting
- shareholding glossary
- Interpreting a company’s Shareholders’ Address
- Regular reading
How many credits is the workshop worth?
The workshop is worth 20 CPD hours. The full, accredited workshop is worth 2.5 credits at Level 6.
What support will I have?
- Participants advice and opinions
- Career Guidance
- High quality course materials
- 24-hour access to our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Guidance and support from your assigned, qualified facilitator
How will you assess me?
You will be assessed through your participation in the workshop and the ‘homework’ assigned.
Can I apply for funding or discounts?
Is the workshop tax deductible?
If you’re self-employed and if purpose of the training is to up-date your existing skills and expertise, you may be able to claim for tax deductions. For example – if you are already an interpreter and you are attending this workshop to increase your existing skills.
For more information, follow this link: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/bim42526.htm
How do I apply?
You can get started with your qualification today by clicking the ‘Get Started Now’ button on this page.
- Workshop Fee: £99
- Facilitator-led classroom workshop
- 2 day workshop
- Accredited and Endorsed options available