Who is it for?
This course is designed for freelance Interpreters and Translators, but is also relevant to anyone who needs to be aware of health and safety in the workplace.
What job is this course applicable to?
- Freelance face to face Interpreter
- Freelance Telephone (Over the Phone) Interpreter
- Freelance Translator
In these roles, you could earn between £30 and £60 per hour
When can I start?
You can start the course today.
What is the cost?
The course is priced at £30.
How long does it take?
The average length of time taken is 2 – 4 hours.
Are there any requirements?
You will require is an internet connection and basic computer skills.
What will I learn?
You will learn how to identify risks to the health and safety of interpreters and translators specific to the roles that you fulfil and the work that you will complete.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- appreciate how the physical environment influences and affects safety at work
- determine how different procedures, equipment and working practices can influence safety at work
- appreciate the legislative framework governing health and safety at work
- understand the principles of risk assessment and its impact on health and safety
- appreciate the reasons for investigating accidents at work and understand how to promote a safer work environment
How will you assess me?
The course has a knowledge review at the end of the course to check what you have learned. You can revisit part or all of the course at any time once you have completed it.
What will I get?
Once you have completed the course you will be able to download a certificate of achievement.