What are the benefits?
The benefits of the qualification include:
- Nationally recognised qualification, regulated and accredited by Ofqual
- Recognised and accepted by the Translation industry
- Access to the most sought after translation assignments
- Use the title ‘DipTrans’ after your name
- Professional membership with the International School of Linguists
- Exemptions for part DipTrans qualifications
When can I start?
We offer the DipTrans every month of the year, so you will not need to wait long for your exam. We recommend taking a preparation course prior to attempting the exam.
How long does it take?
The total exam time is 7 hours. made up of:
|Unit 01||Written Translation of a General Text||180mins|
|Unit 02||Written Translation of a Semi-specialised Text in a Technology, Business or Literature context||120mins|
|Unit 03||Written Translation of a Semi-specialised Text in a Science, Social Science or Law context||120mins|
Are there any requirements?
To successfully join this qualification, you need to have ‘native’ speaker competence in English and in your ‘other’ language. (NOTE: This will be tested as part of the examination, you do not need to have an English qualification to apply.)
What do i need to be able to complete this qualification?
- Access to the internet
- A Skype account
- Access to a desktop computer or laptop.
- A webcam
- A microphone/sound card for the computer, if it isn’t already installed
How many credits is the qualification worth?
A total of 48 credits is awarded when you pass the qualification.
What topics will be tested?
You will be tested on a variety of topics on the exam specialisms depending on your choices.
How will you assess me?
The Level 7 DipTrans is a written examination that will include:
- Written Translation of a General Text
- Written Translation of a Semi-specialised Text in a Technology, Business or Literature context
- Written Translation of a Semi-specialised Text in a Science, Social Science or Law context
How do I apply? You can get started with your qualification today by clicking the ‘Get Started Now’ button above.
Is this a nationally recognised qualification? Yes, the Level 7 DipTrans course is accredited by I Can Qualify and registered on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) with Ofqual.
What is the registration process? At ISL, we want to be confident that everyone who is accepted onto our qualification has the right skill, knowledge and ability to be able to successfully complete the learning experience. Once you have reserved your place, we will contact you to discuss your qualification, preparation and the date of your exam.